TNCC 8th Edition Questions and Answers (Updated 2022) 52 Questions with 100% Correct Answers1. What are the greatest risks for transport? - ✔✔Loss of airway patency, displaced obstructivetubes lines or catheters, dislodge splinting devices, need to replace or reinforce dressings,deterioration in patient status change in vital signs or level of consciousness, injury to thepatient and/or team me
TNCC 8th Edition Questions and Answers (Updated 2022) 52 Questions with 100% Correct Answers
1. What are the greatest risks for transport? - ✔✔Loss of airway patency, displaced obstructive
tubes lines or catheters, dislodge splinting devices, need to replace or reinforce dressings,
deterioration in patient status change in vital signs or level of consciousness, injury to the
patient and/or team members
2. According to newtons law which of these two force is greater: size or force? - ✔✔Neither. For
each force there is an equal and opposite reaction.
3. What is the relationship between mass and velocity to kinetic energy? - ✔✔Kinetic energy is
equal to 1/2 the mass multiplied the square of its velocity therefore when mass is doubled so is
the net energy, however, when velocity is doubled energy is quadrupled.
4. What is tension? - ✔✔stretching force by pulling at opposite ends
5. What is compression? - ✔✔Crushing by squeezing together
6. What is bending? - ✔✔Loading about an axis. Bending causes compression on the side the
person is bending toward intention to the opposite side
7. What is shearing? - ✔✔Damage by tearing or bending by exerting faucet different parts in
opposite directions at the same time.
8. What is torsion? - ✔✔Torsion forces twist ends in opposite directions.
9. What is combined loading? - ✔✔Any combination of tension compression torsion bending
10. What are the four types of trauma related injuries? - ✔✔Blunt, penetrating, thermal, or blast.
11. What are contributing factors to injuries related to blunt traumas? - ✔✔The point of impact on
the patient's body, the type of surface that is hit, the tissues ability to resist (bone versus soft
tissue, air-filled versus solid organs), and the trajectory of force.
12. What are the seven patterns of pathway injuries related to motor vehicle accidents? - ✔✔Up
and over, down and under, lateral, rotational, rear, roll over, and ejection.
13. Differentiate between the three impacts of motor vehicle impact sequence. - ✔✔The first
impact occurs when the vehicle collided with another object. The second impact occurs after the
initial impact when the occupant continues to move in the original direction of travel until they
collide with the interior of the vehicle or meet resistance. The third impact occurs when internal
structures collide within the body cavity.
14. What are the three factors that contribute to the damage caused by penetrating trauma's? -
✔✔The point of impact, the velocity and speed of impact, and the proximity to the object.
15. What causes the primary effects of blast traumas? - ✔✔The direct blast effects. Types of injuries
include last long, tympanic membrane rupture and middle ear damage, abdominal hemorrhage
and perforation, global rupture, mild Trumatic brain injury.