VN 084 Pediatrics FISDAP. Pediatrics 1. 2 yo pt has a resp rate of 30 breaths per minute. This is considered? oToo fast/ inadequate/normal/too slow 2. When assessing distal circulatory function in a 3 yo, a reliable indicator is? oPulse ox/ BP/ Cap refill/ skin temp 3. Neonatal 2 week old F is dyspneic and lethargic to respond. Vitals are P 58, R 4 and irregular. What should you be conce ...[Show More]
VN 084 Pediatrics FISDAP.
1. 2 yo pt has a resp rate of 30 breaths per minute. This is considered?
oToo fast/ inadequate/normal/too slow
2. When assessing distal circulatory function in a 3 yo, a reliable indicator is?
oPulse ox/ BP/ Cap refill/ skin temp
3. Neonatal 2 week old F is dyspneic and lethargic to respond. Vitals are P 58, R 4 and irregular. What
should you be concerned about?
oAltered mental status/cerebral hypoxia/ respiratory acidosis/ cardiac arrest
4. 20 yo F is pregnant for the first time with twins. What is she considered?
oGravida II/ Gravidarum/ primigravida
5. 2 yo is restless, irritable, and febrile with a distinct cough. The parent states that the child is calmer in a
steam shower. You should suspect?
oInfluenza/ bronchitis/ croup/ epiglottitis
6. You are treating a 3 month old, apneic patient with a pulse of 110. In preparing to ventilate this infant,
oInstitute 2 min of CPR and then ventilate/ place a small towel under their shoulders/ open the
airway with an OPA and bag every 6 seconds/ attach the AED and wait instructions
7. Scald injuries to a child’s lower extremity can be indicative of?
oAbuse/ radiant heat/ accidents/ chemicals
8. A 3 yo drank some drain cleaner. It would be most helpful to?
oAdminister activated charcoal/ transport immediately/ administer glucagon/ induce vomiting
9. You are assisting a vaginal delivery and the mom is crowning. The infant's head suddenly disappears
and the mother begins to complain of sharp, intense, constant abdominal pain. You should suspect?
oPlacenta previa/ multiple births/ *uterine rupture/ transition to phase III of delivery
10. In centimeters what is the correct depth of chest compressions for a 7 year old child?
o1.5/ 6/ 5/ 2
11. Which of the following indicates decompensated shock in a pediatric patient?
oShallow breathing/ rapid heart rate/ pale cool and diaphoretic/ loss of consciousness
12. Where should you apply pressure to access for uterine contractions?
oLeft and right upper quadrants/ abdomen below the navel/ abdomen above the navel/ left and
13. What is the proper way to size an OPA for a child?
oTip of the nose to the corner of the mouth/ corner of mouth to the angle of the mandible/ the
length of the index finger of the child/ middle of the mouth to the ear lobe
14. A mother has just delivered a newborn with central cyanosis. The newborns vitals are P 82, R 30. You
oInitiate active warming/ begin positive pressure ventilations/ administer blow by O2/ suction
the airway and stimulate
15. Febrile seizures in children are most often the result of a/an
oAbrupt rise in body temp/ life threatening infection/ temp greater than 100 fahrenheit/